Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 1

Day 1 –

Since you’re going to be getting personal with me there are some things I’ll let you in on from time to time.  Right now it’s about my job.  I relocated to Vegas a little over 6 months ago for a great job opportunity.  I work in Health/Hospital administration, specifically dealing with grants and clinical trial management, which can be extremely hectic at any given time! With submission deadlines, month closing, grants start and ends, project changes, and well I think you get the point.  My job is demanding, but there are no complaints here, it’s great busy work and one thing for damn sure I can not complain about being bored! LOL 

The reason I’m bringing up my job and its demanding nature because this is one of the biggest reasons that I’ve constantly repeated the “I just don’t have time to exercise/cook/eat healthy” my day is filled with one fire after the next and I simply just don’t have the time.  WRONG ANSWER!  Especially when you’re attempting to loose weight, so I’ve learned the hard way!  Eating out, eating late, and some days if I even eat at all, are just not good. And so I’ve learned to make time for me, it’s quite a sacrifice I won’t lie, I like laying in my bed or on my couch but that’s been getting me no where, fast!  

Things that I’ve started to change, I wake up early in the morning to get a workout in, painful at first but actually leads to a very productive and alert day.  I’ve started cooking several meals at a time during the week on Sunday and then I cook again on Wednesday, between time I freeze foods, so I don’t have an excuse to stop by somebody’s drive through!  I’ve also started to bring my lunch.  And then in the evenings my “tv and/or reading time” is cardio hour.  I have vowed to myself to only watch 1 hour of tv a day (unless it’s Thursday night when Grey’s and Private Practice are on) …but within that hour I must be doing cardio and watching my shows!

Here’s a bit of a look into my daily routine and specifically how my day today has actually gone:

4:20 am  - Alarm goes off
4:30 am  - Getting dressed and hitting the gym, eating a banana on the way (“snack” #1)
4:50 am –  Weight training
Today’s regimen: each set repeated 3 times :
ð       Bench Press, Flat 10 reps w/ 15lbs each hand
ð       Bench Press Declined 10 reps w/ 15lbs each hand
ð       Dips 10 reps
ð       Incline Flyes w/ a twist 10 reps w/ 15lbs each hand
ð       Push ups on exercise ball 15
ð       Tricep kickbacks, 10 reps 20lbs each hand
ð       Tricep rope pushdowns, 10 reps 40lbs
This mornings routine took about 40 minutes to complete and was followed by 45 minutes on the elliptical. Total calories burned according to Daily Burn app calculations 663

6:20 Back home and a ½ mile trial walk with the dog
7:00am Breakfast (boiled egg and 2 slices of bacon) I’m really not big on eating breakfast foods so I’m struggling with creativity for this meal
8:10am I’m finally at work
9:30am Snack #2 – protein shake w/ water
1pm lunch later than usual but today was just one of those days! Homemade chef salad w/ ranch dressing.
3pm Snack #3 – banana (this is funny because I don’t even like banana’s but they’ve become a staple in my day as you can see!)

Right now it’s only 4:30 pm where I am but here’s the way the rest of my night is scheduled to go:

6:15pm ½ mile trail walk with the dog
6:45 dinner  - leftovers, green beans, baked sweet potato, corn on the cob and 2 chicken tenders (I’ve been on a veggie kick lately)
7:30pm cardio hour
9pm Snack #4 popsicle – hey they are low in calories and make me feel like I’ve had something sweet….LOL
10pm bedtime – momma needs her beauty sleep!

I’ll update tomorrow to see if what was planned actually happened!
Ciao for now folks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment